Spending time getting to know yourself and your work can bring clarity to the written elements of your story.
Why do I create? What am I trying to say in my art?
An artist statement is a chance to put smaller stories together, and to curate your “story.” Let my background in the arts guide you through the introspective process of creating a strategic statement. Rates start at $100/hour.
Not every grant proposal or fellowship application requires the same thing.
Some may want a brief biography, others may want a complex summary of your life so far. Many proposals are more of an argument, where you must paint the picture of why you are the perfect fit for this opportunity.
Let my narrative expertise help you represent yourself in a polished, professional way. If you are not confident in your writing skills to get your story across, or you just want an outside opinion to review what you’ve written before you send it off, I can provide that key guidance before you send in your application. Rates start at $100/hour.
Whether you want access to a personal coach throughout a several month application process or you need expert guidance in writing a high-stakes personal statement, I offer flexible coaching that is uniquely tailored to your needs and communication style. Because of my individualized approach, I only work with three clients per day.
Do you prefer speaking over video chat? We can do that. Does video chatting make you uncomfortable but you’re no stranger to emojis? We can use chat boxes for live discussion. I can also communicate strictly through email or comment boxes if you prefer to have more time to think through what you want to say. Any combination of communication will be available to you during your time working with me. No matter your time zone, I’m here to support you.
Your time is valuable. With no bulky forced packages of services you could do on your own time with the right information, I can help you pinpoint exactly where you need more guidance and where you can soar on your own. My ultimate goal is to provide you with the knowledge, confidence, and methodology to tackle any future applications all on your own. Though, if you want to come back and work on something super-specific (like one of those “tell us all of your hopes, dreams, and a time when you failed in 150 words maximum”) I’m happy to help.
- My ultimate goal is to assist people in discovering how they best learn. I will accomplish this by helping each person develop the skills needed to achieve their best educational or writing outcome.
- I will provide honest feedback in the form of positive praise and/or constructive suggestions to clients I serve in a manner beneficial to their overall learning.
- I will respect and be sensitive to students’ cultural background and personal value system, keeping in mind their personal dignity.
- I recognize I will not have answers to every question asked. Therefore, I will seek assistance in finding answers to clients’ questions and/or directing the student to “how” and “where” appropriate resources are for the information needed.
- I will maintain accurate records of client sessions and keep information about all clients I work with confidential unless they grant me permission to share some or part of their story.
Influences for this philosophy statement include The National Tutoring Association’s Code of Ethics.