- July 3, 2014
- Posted by: Jackie Sizemore
- Category: News
It’s almost that time again, and it looks like the Common Application is having good results with the newer prompts introduced last year.
Here are some initial details about the Common Application personal essay for 2014-2015.
650 word limit
Choice of 5 Prompts:
- Some students have a background or story that is so central to their identity that they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what lessons did you learn?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?
- Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal, that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.