The application process and research that goes into applying to Graduate School can be an opportunity for checking-in with your long term goals, leading to new insights and direction.
No matter your reasons for pursuing graduate school, the application process and research that goes into it can be an opportunity for checking-in with your long term goals, leading to new insights and direction. Whether you are anxious or excited (or both!), I can guide your graduate school application help through my empathetic and straightforward individual coaching.
Applying to graduate school is as much a juggling act as it is a marathon. Let me help you through this process in an efficient and strategic way.
(Did you sign up for your GRE test? Or other expensive test?)
(Seriously, go sign up.)
Take the first step towards an empowering application experience by filling out the New Client Form.
Jackie gave me a thorough and specific critique on my application materials. She provided a set of objective eyes and helped me identify areas in my essay that could be misinterpreted. Beyond just critiquing the mechanics of my essay, Jackie pushed me to examine and state my objectives more clearly. As someone who knows how an admissions department works, she was able to offer very specific feedback. Jackie also communicated clearly about her timeline and gave her feedback very quickly, which I appreciated very much!
My rates start at $100/hour. For 24-hour rush turn-around on feedback, I charge an additional $50 per feedback round. The hourly rate can apply to specific projects, or if you want to continue working past an initial package by a hour-by-hour basis. Below are estimates for packages, which may vary depending on the level of student need and where a student might be in their application process. All of the services are also available separate from the packages.
Research & Development
Getting to know you
- Discuss potential graduate school paths
- Assistance in finding resources, keywords, and "good fit" programs
- Exercises for exploring interests
- Create an action plan for your educational goals
Planning and first steps
- Craft an application resume focused on the power of specific wording as you describe your extracurriculars, hobbies, and accomplishments.
- Brainstorm or first draft of personal statement
- Create an initial school list using my Master Spreadsheet
- Create an application process plan for the remainder of time before your deadlines.
Writing assistance + process guidance
- Guidance on application process plan + completing a spreadsheet of your programs
- Customized activities to take you from brainstorming to final draft of the personal statement
- Feedback and research assistance at every stage
- Interview practice (I am a former "shy student" so I have many tips to share!)