Point of View Consulting Philosophy Statement
Point of View Consulting Philosophy Statement:
- My ultimate goal is to assist people in discovering how they best learn. I will accomplish this by helping each person develop the skills needed to achieve their best educational or writing outcome.
- I will provide honest feedback in the form of positive praise and/or constructive suggestions to clients I serve in a manner beneficial to their overall learning.
- I will respect and be sensitive to students’ cultural background and personal value system, keeping in mind their personal dignity.
- I recognize I will not have answers to every question asked. Therefore, I will seek assistance in finding answers to clients' questions and/or directing the student to “how” and “where” appropriate resources are for the information needed.
- I will maintain accurate records of client sessions and keep information about all clients I work with confidential unless they grant me permission to share some or part of their story.
Influences for this philosophy statement include The National Tutoring Association's Code of Ethics.