I offer a limited number of Low Income/First Generation discounts on college application consulting for students applying to trade schools, Associates, or Bachelors degrees. Please read the eligibility details and instructions below before inquiring about this opportunity. As part of my referral program, clients can earn 1 free hour of coaching for each new client they refer. Referrers can choose to donate these free hours for students who could otherwise not afford one-on-one help.
I feel very strongly about providing valuable information to students whose budgets many not work with our pricing packages. While ultimately Point Of View Consulting is a business, my experience in Non-profits and University Writing Centers working with students from many backgrounds and family situations lead me to create a scholarship-side to my business. Though spots will be limited depending on my availability each month, I hope to continue growing this side of my business.
I do not believe money should be a determining factor between students getting the information they need to make confident decisions about their education.
- Students who receive/ed Federal Free or Reduced Lunch waiver
Students who receive/ed a SAT or ACT waiver
Students eligible for a NACAC college application fee waiver (read details here)
Students who will be the first in their family to attend college for a Bachelor’s degree
If you feel you meet one or more requirements, please email sizemorepov [at] gmail [dot] com directly using the subject line “POV Scholarship” for more information.
- My ultimate goal is to assist people in discovering how they best learn. I will accomplish this by helping each person develop the skills needed to achieve their best educational or writing outcome.
- I will provide honest feedback in the form of positive praise and/or constructive suggestions to clients I serve in a manner beneficial to their overall learning.
- I will respect and be sensitive to students’ cultural background and personal value system, keeping in mind their personal dignity.
- I recognize I will not have answers to every question asked. Therefore, I will seek assistance in finding answers to clients’ questions and/or directing the student to “how” and “where” appropriate resources are for the information needed.
- I will maintain accurate records of client sessions and keep information about all clients I work with confidential unless they grant me permission to share some or part of their story.
Influences for this philosophy statement include The National Tutoring Association’s Code of Ethics.